Monday, October 03, 2005

Of reflections on yesterday

It was some time back; the cell at the other end rung as I called up; he received it and said, "Hey, Beautiful!". There was a pause for a split second that felt like a... split second.... and then I broke out into a fit of laughter. No reaction on the other end. (This is irritating- I am trying to write this and my editor just messages me telling me they need some goddamn thing to be written for the college magazine- an introduction to the hell interview of some hell minister that the hell yours truly interviewed and compiled a report on ..... being the Cheif Student Editor is slowly getting on my nerves) So I say: "So I am the nth girl you are saying that to - and just exactly what number would n be?" Without skipping a beat he says :" Let's see - my elder sis once- she didn't like it, a friend- was her birthday and she wanted to hear it and that's about it". I asked "And your ex-girlfriend?". "No.", he said. I laughed. He got mad. I said I was sorry. He was still mad. Apparently I shouldn't have asked. Later he got less mad and said, "Don't ask me ever again about her. I'll tell you what i have to". Well that was a sour relation and he doesn't like being reminded of it. So that's that. I asked him - "Why address me that way?". " 'Cause you were looking beautiful today, more than before."- he replied. And that's that. No questions were asked after that. And for those imagining, wondering, speculating, etc. - no, he is not my boyfriend(boyfriend? silly term. I never quite understood it's implication - same applies to girlfriend). And I suppose, the rest is etcetra.

N.B.: I didn't like the ending- so I changed the last bit; I was in a hurry when I posted that or perhaps a little irritated. Work gets on my nerve sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 5:06 pm , Blogger Once the Conman said...

So ... you're one of those who've never ever had a 'boyfriend' in their lives... never been intimate enough with anyone...
huh?

 
At 10:43 pm , Blogger the transient twilight said...

Hey Conman, I laughed out loud the nth time as I was asked this question for the nth time. Well, 'boyfriend' as in the way you implied it - no I have never had one; 'cause I never wanted to, never had the time. Seriously didn't think I could commit what it takes. May be I have liked some people, but I have never been able to accept them as they are; and unless I can do that, I really don't think it's ever gonna work.

 
At 3:58 pm , Blogger Once the Conman said...

Well... all the best to you...
What else can I say... you've been missing out on a great pleasure of life...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home